John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore refrigerator, model # 253.54364404, serial

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrigerator, model # ***** serial # ***** The problem is. When ambient room temp rises to 75/80 degrees or more, the refrig side unit rises to 50 degrees or a bit more. The freezer stays at 5 to 10 degrees. When the ambient room temp is in the high 60's or low 70's the refrigerator side will be at 35 to 40 degrees. The freezer side will stay at 0 degrees to 5 degrees. Have replaced the compressor, the coolant fluid checked again, level was OK., the thermostat inside the refrigerator above the coils on the freezer side was replaced last week replaced last week, the damper in the refrige side was replaced a few months ago. Checked air flow beneath the fridge warm air blowing out, and on either side air is being sucked in. Can you tell me what the problem is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

What are you high and low pressures?, did you change the filter dryer when you installed the new compressor? what does the frost pattern look like on the evap? sounds like it has moisture in the system or you have a blockage in the cap tube.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to call for now for an additional charge of $18 as I need to pass this information on to the tech who is coming to see me tomorrow morning. Also, I am not certain at this point your suggestions or questions will lead to repairing the problem. In other words, I am concerned about any other charges until I see some results. Am I being set up or being taken for a ride? t this point I am not satisfied with your answers. If they lead to solving the problem i will willing pay you the additional charge to complete the transaction.