Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I use your site on 19 Oct to repair the oven on my C970

Customer Question

I use your site on 19 Oct for assistance to repair the oven on my C970 Kenmore Model #C970441134 serial #NF14616515 electric range the problem was no upper or lower element I had communictated with a gentlemen by the name of Joe and going through the steps
it had come down to no continuity in the thermal fuse would be the problem or if it had continuity then the mother board would need replacement.When I tested the thermal fuse it had no continuity so I went in search of one there was none in town or for that
matter in the Province of British Columbia so I have had to wait 6 weeks for the part to arrive when it did and I brought it home and prior to installation I checked for continuity and there was none, back to Reliable Parts I went and they had a new one sent
over from Vancouver so rather then bring it home I had them do a continuity test in store and still there was no continuity that is 3 thermal fuses and none have continuity. I am at a loss to know why if this is. I am in dire need of an answer is there or
is there not suppose to be continuity the part#is###-##-####looking at the new one it looks the same as the one I took out. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

That is a cooling fan thermostat, it does not have continuity through it until it has reached temp. I am not the tech you dealt with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wondering how I can make contact with Joe Swanson I guess he is the guy i need to contact because in our discussion that is the part # ***** Joe provided me on the 19 of Oct. 2015 for the thermal fuse and it is on file along with the numbers he gave me for the black and one control board and in the video provided it shows the switch on the left side front top of the stove as you are looking at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a note the fan on my stove comes on as soon as soon asyou turn the oven on and at present the fuse we are referring is not in the stove
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not a thermostat for the cooling fan it is a tso that shuts off when the oven reaches the desire temperture my oven will not even heat up. I am not sure how I am suppose to rate this issue when i am no closer to solving my the problem with the oven then I was on the 19th of Oct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am at a loss I have received different info from 2 different people in the just answer organization we have been without an oven since the 19th of Oct, and today I have contacted a repairman to come in to fix my oven. I don't think I should be doing any rateing in fact I have spent to date almost $100 dollars and I still have a broken oven with no end in sight other then a repairman and his bill yet to come