Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire affinity front load dryer. It has been

Customer Question
working find today. I was...
I have a frigidaire affinity front load dryer. It has been working find today. I was probably on the third load of drying and when I tried to start it, it just reads paused. No error code, and nothing I do will make it start running.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, i read another reply that said leave the breaker off for 5 minutes. It worked. Why would that be happening?
12/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The power cycle resets the electronics in the machine. Many things can affect the electronics, including poor connections. I would examine the cord connections carefully and make sure there are no loose wires or discolored terminals (indicating excess heat). If all looks good, you may have a control that is beginning to fail or it just needed a reset, which happens. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We just had id serviced. We had 4 thermo switches replaced and everything was off the back. I cleaned it out with a shop vac, and there were no signs of bad connection or discoloring. I checked the outside vent and it is kicking out a high amount of heat and venting well. I noticed the side of the dryer, the panel is pretty hot to the touch. Is that normal? It is running now, but I am not sure what the problem was?

The sides and top will get hot, yes. That is normal. It was probably just a glitch in the electronics. Just like your home computer sometimes freezes up and requires a restart, the dryer also uses similar computing electronics.

Kelly, Appliance Technician