Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

Our GE Cafe side-by-side refrigerator about 3 years old has

Customer Question

Our GE Cafe side-by-side refrigerator about 3 years old has started to develop excessive moisture on the inside walls and shelves. In fact, the water is now puddling in the bottom resulting in the growth of black mold. An internet search suggests that this is a problem for many owners and GE has been non-responsive. Any suggestions for a cure?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Are the doors sealing good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the doors are sealing.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

Is the moisture in the fresh food section ? If so one way this can happen is the door has dropped down and not hitting the door switch . Open the freezer door so you can peak and then slowly close the fresh food door . When it is about 1/4 inch from totally closing do the interior lights go out ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answers have absolutely no value. I'm disappointed. It's time to terminate this conversation.

The question DOES have merit. Just worked on a fridge that this WAS the problem. It's a simple question and requires little effort on your part. There are other causes it could be , but start with the easiest first. You visited this site because you want to repair it your self. If you don't want to answer back then you'll need to pay for a servicer to come to your home to diagnose it.