MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

How do I stop water from dropping into the refrigerator and

Customer Question

How do I stop water from dropping into the refrigerator and freezing on the top shelf?
I have taken out the bottom tray of the freezer, which had frozen water and unfrozen water in it and took the hair dryer and melted all the ice I could see from the drain on the back wall. The water is still pooling and freezing on the top shelf. What else can I do for this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

You will need to remove the rear wall and floor of the freezer as the defrost drain is clogged. Thaw out whatever ice is there and you will have the problem solved when water flows down the defrost drain hole. DO NOT chip at the ice as you will crack something. Use a spray bottle or hair dryer. You may need to blow thru the defrost drain to clear any non-ice blockage. This is nothing complicated- you basically have a clogged drain, so do and use whatever common sense would dictate to clear it. The drain is a small hole centered under the coil that you will see when the rear wall is removed.