Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Model #GSL25JFTABS has problems maintaining temperatures in

Customer Question

Model #GSL25JFTABS has problems maintaining temperatures in both sections, Conpressor
has been cleaned. What service do I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

The most likely and most common issue when the freezer is getting cold but not cold enough and the refrigerator is cool but not cold, is a defrost problem, when ice builds up on the evaporator coils and the heater does not turn on to melt the ice it turns into a solid block of ice which does not allow proper airflow throughout the unit which of course causes a cooling issue. To verify this is the case you will need to remove the back metal panel of the freezer compartment then you will be able to see the evap coils and you can tell if it's a defrost issue. If there is not a defrost issue and the frost pattern on the coil itself is not even lets say you only have frost or a big clump of ice at the top of the coil but none elsewhere on the coil then that would indicate a freon flow problem(restriction) or a bad compressor not pumping properly. Now to answer your question as far as what service you need, any qualified service repair company can diagnose and repair either problem.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.