Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore microwave oven has power to it (light comes on

Customer Question

My Kenmore microwave oven has power to it (light comes on and it hums like it's cooking) but turntable doesn't move and no heating takes place. Ideas???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If both the turntable doesn't move and the microwave isn't heating, this means that one of your 3 door switches has failed or you have a faulty main display control board that thinks one of the switches has failed even though it hasn't. You'll need to remove the vent panel above the door, then the control panel to access the door switches. Below is a video on how to test the door switches and if one of them doesn't work, then replace it. If they all test good---you need to replace the display board.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.