John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My French door fridge keeps building up ice in the freezer

Customer Question

My French door fridge keeps building up ice in the freezer yet the fridge won't stay cold. We have manually defrosted it and then it was fine for a week and then the freeze up starts again, We have corrected the drainage thingy on the back so why is this happening?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

These models are known for this problem, it can be two things causing it, We need to get into the service mode to see if the defrost thermostat is causing the problem or the micro computer.

DO you have the tech cheet for this unit?