John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My refrigerator's water dispenser has water coming in

Customer Question

My refrigerator's water dispenser has water coming in multiple directions from plastic housing above where water normally comes out. Can I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you this evening. If you are unable to clean the tube, you can replace the water hose itself. 218976409 is the part number you will need. It is readily available all over the internet. If this is a repair you want to attempt I can help you disassemble the front housing to replace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually found the fix on You Tube. The search item is search: "Refrigerator Door Water Dispenser Leak Fix" by ***** *****. The tube itself wasn't clogged, it deforms over time and doesn't engage the housing- causing the leak. The You Tube suggestion was to add an extension and it worked marvelously. Replacing the tube would have likely fixed the problem as well, but this was a pretty cheap easy fix for $0.94. Thanks for your time. Problem solved.