Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a whirlpool washer model number wtw4800xq2. I did a

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer model number wtw4800xq2. I did a load of laundry and a pair of pajama pants was wrapped around the agitator which I did not notice at first. When the load was complete I noticed that it did not drain so put it on drain and spin and it started smoking and would not stop spinning. I shut the breaker of to stop it. Now it won't do anything but blink the red lock lid light. Can this be fixed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

plug the washer back up and try to do a calibration on the washer as shown on page 4 of the tech manual:

Manual

If that does not work you likely burned up the transmission or control board or both, and would be just about as cheap to replace the washer as it would be to have it repaired.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.