Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a microwave Panasonic GENIUS PRESTIGE NUMBERBOF

Customer Question

I have a microwave Panasonic GENIUS PRESTIGE
NUMBERBOF MODEL,SD780S,1480 WATTS.
THE PROBLEME IS THAT WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR,
THE MICRO WAVE CONTINUE WORKING,BUT THE PLATE IS STOP.
RICHARD
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email that i sent is about it,there is nothing more than that,i'm sorry,i am waiting for your
answer.

one of the micro switches in the door latch assembly is sticking so the microwave thinks the door is still closed. Replace the switch, while you are in there you might as well replace all 3 just so no future problems, the switches are located here in the door latch assembly (listed as 12 on the diagram) DIAGRAM the 2 switches to replace would be 27,28,31.

here are the parts and partnumbers:

27 -

Micro Switch

Part #: J61415G10XN

28 -

Microwave Micro Switch

Part #: J61414T00AP

31 -

Microwave Microswitch

Part #: F61785U30XN

_________________________________________

please remember you are dealing with high voltages in a microwave they have high voltage transformers that hold electricity even when not in use and unplugged, you must be very careful. If you are confident in doing the repair I have supplied you with all the necessary info to do so if not I would highly recommend that you get a qualified tech to come out and do it. There are many videos on youtube that will show you how to make these repairs safely.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the information.It was fast.I give you a 5.

you are welcome, it's not showing as rated on my end yet but i do appreciate it if you do rate me 5 stars, Thanks!

you do have to click on the star at the top of the page to rate, thanks.

If you can't find the star rating system just let me know it should be visible at the top of your screen now. Thanks Again.

i this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

Hey you never rated me, I would appreciate it if you would do so, Thanks.