Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a GE over range microwave that does not function past

I have a GE over range microwave that does not function past 6 minutes, it completely powers down Model number JVM1850SH06. Trying to find out if there is a fix. Thanks!

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And JVM1850 is part of the model number .

Could the number be JVM1850WH06 because just the JVM1850 gives me 55 different models to choose from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your response, the model number is *****

Thank you !

After the 6 minutes and it powers down ,do you have to wait for it to come back up?

Or can you reprogram it right then and restart it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will not reset, it stays off. Has to be unplugged and reset that way in order for it to power up again.

ok so that means when you unplug the unit you are rebooting the main control board .so the main control/ smart board is going bad and will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WB27X10874/1167222?rcaid=1000070

This is the main control board that is right behind the console keypads.

If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you have anymore questions for me today?