Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet MOD WFW9250WW01 SERIAL HL10990859 Getting

Customer Question
whirlpool duet MOD WFW9250WW01 SERIAL HL10990859 Getting...
whirlpool duet MOD WFW9250WW01
SERIAL HL10990859
Getting code "FL". Have to manually drain water by hitting on/off button.
History-started out that clothes would wash, but water would be standing in tub and a little leaked on floor after cycle was complete. My son says that in the past it has also given code "LF".
What I have done so far:
1. Cleaned massive amount of lint and half a dozen hair pins from trap in drain pump.
2. Removed Drain pump, separated motor from rest of housing to inspect impellor, which seems to be tight.
3. Inspected drain boot that attaches to bottom of drum, remounted it.
4. Ran a load of laundry, which lasted about 3 minutes, after which code"FL" appeared.
I suspect either the water level switch, the water inlet solonoid, or even still wonder if the drain pump is 100%, even though it does remove water when I hit the on/off button ater getting the FL code.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Are you sure that your not also getting the LF error code?

I ask because this unit does NOT have a FL error code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, it does. I found the FL code under Whirlpools list, and I'm looking at it every timeI try to run aload of clothes.

Ok I have the manufactures tech sheet pulled up From their web site and the tech sheet is not showing an FL code ,what does your sheet say it is then ?

The only thing that has a L on the end on that models tech sheet is rL

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAhPCyBRCtwMDS5tzT03gSJADZ8VjRmr5AmxzDoruvpCoNKN_-buGLJq9SGadrY8UDuFWuCxoCs8Pw_wcB#topThe above is the link to the page where I found the Whirlpool trouble codes, including both LF and FL. I can't argue whehter or not the duet is supposed to have that code, I just know that I saw "FL" in the display three times.Please refund all but my deposit.Thanks

Ok on that link you just sent and about 3/4 the way down the page it shows the FL error code Fl is a flood error code then it shows "FL" flashes if any overfill condition occurs. This condition occurs when excessive water in the tub causes the overfill switch to trip. The control must realize that the trip was due to an overfill condition instead of a suds lock condition in order for "FL" to be displayed.

Read more: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/whirlpool-fault-codes.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAhPCyBRCtwMDS5tzT03gSJADZ8VjRmr5AmxzDoruvpCoNKN_-buGLJq9SGadrY8UDuFWuCxoCs8Pw_wcB#Whirlpool Duet Front Loading Automatic Washer Fault Codes#ixzz3sztlb4CG
http://www.appliancepartspros.com

That is the FL error code for a TOP LOAD CALYPSO washer your is a duet FRONT LOADER

On your model if you remove the front lower kick plate ,(two screws on the bottom of the panel) you will find the technical dat sheet for your model that has the error codes on it .

And you will see the error codes for your model . they are on pages 10-14 and you will also see that your model does not have a FL error code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Like I said, don't want to argue. I went to a free site, checked out the LF code, removed both water hoses, found the hot supply filter clogged. Cleaned the filter, re-attached, I'm running a load that seems to be doing fine. So, you can do whatever seems right. I feel like I owe the five dollars, but I don't feel like I got what I asked for. Regardless of what the tech sheet says, I saw "FL" repeatedly. That is why I didn't check out "LF"- I didn't see it, and it was confusing. Again, don't doubt you, don't doubt me!
Regardless, it is running. If you think I owe you the entire $37, so be it. I just don't think I do.I appreciate that you know that "FL" is not for duet, and I understand why that makes you think I saw incorrectly. No problem. I'm just glad it's working, and I'm done.

the error code should scroll one digit then the next so I suspect you say the last part of the LF then the first of the LF

Ok So then it was the LF for long fill ,that is why i was asking which it was so I could direct you to the correct steps to fix it .

Sorry for the delay we are real busy after a major holiday.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech