Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a frigidaire air conditioner / heater wall unit. The

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire air conditioner / heater wall unit. The outside fan works sometimes but other times it will not kick on. I can manually spin the fan blades with a bent welding rod and the fan will kick on and begin working properly. It may run fine for an hour, but then it will kick off and never come back on until I give the blades a little spin. Is it the fan motor that is going out or could it be that the board is not supplying enough votage to it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Either the motor is shot or check if there is a capacitor inline with the motor as that may be bad.. I highly doubt the voltage to the motor is an issue, you could test it with a volt meter though to be sure you should have 120 to it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks