Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have 10 y old LG refrigerator model LFX25960ST, last night

Customer Question

Hi , I have 10 y old LG refrigerator model LFX25960ST , last night just stop working ...no power , completely dead ,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This is pretty common, pull the unit out and remove the small access panel on the back of the unit that covers the board. On the lower left corner of the board there is a bus fuse on the board. Test it with a meter and it will likely be blown. You would have to either jumper or bypass the fuse, solder a new one in or replace the board. That happens all the time on that unit.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks