Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kitchenaid Drawer Dishwasher, i.e., one with a

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid Drawer Dishwasher, i.e., one with a large top drawer and a smaller bottom drawer. The top one still works fine, but the bottom one no longer does. When the buttons on the top of the door are pressed, nothing happens. The reservoir for the rinse aid is full. Can you help?
The Model # *****: KUDDO3DTSS3. The Serial # ***** ***** It was bought in January, 2012.
Thanks,
Don Lofty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel may need to be replaced. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly: I tried heating and rubbing the panel. I got it pretty hot using a heat gun, but there was still no response. So I guess the panel is bad. Can you give me instructions for replacing it or is that job for a pro?Don Lofty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, the entire tub need to be removed, then the front panel is disassembled. This is quite a job. Unless you are very mechanically inclined and familiar with various micro electronic connections, it would probably be a good investment to have it professionally done. However, if you want to try it, I do have access to download the service manual for a small fee that I can pass along.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly: I do some things around the house, but the job of replacing the panel sounds beyond my skills.
I appreciate your prompt responses and your willingness to offer alternatives. I am not interested it getting the service manual.I feel you have done all that you can, but the problem has not been solved. I therefore have to request a refund. Please credit my Visa account for the amounts billed.Thanks, *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The problem has been identified, you are just not able to perform the repair. If you still feel my time has been worth nothing, then you will need to contact customer service for a refund. I only have access to the questions, nothing account related.