Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The temperature in the fridge (and freezer) raised. After

Customer Question

The temperature in the fridge (and freezer) raised. After fiddling with the control panel, the temperature started to drop, and then raised again. we've been trying to set it back to the default, but seem to have troubles. What could have caused the temperature raise, and how to stabilize the settings in an efficient way.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! From the symptoms you are having, it sounds like the fan that cools the compressor may not be running, allowing the compressor to get too hot and shut off. Can you check that fan to see if it is running? It is number 61 in the diagram at the link below. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

CLICK HERE