Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Lights flashing on electrical door water dispenser

Customer Question
lights flashing on electrical door water dispenser
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So the only thing that can cause this issue is the main control board itself if the refrigerator is getting good power from your house. here is no way to fix this problem without replacing the high voltage control board on the back of your refrigerator. If you pull the refrigerator out and unplug the unit, you can see an access panel about half way up the back of the refrigerator. You need to remove this and replace the control board behind the panel. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy, you can definitely replace it yourself. Below is a link to to the part you'd need to order for your model. You'll need to look at your serial number and if it starts with 10 or 11, order the first control board. If the model starts with 12 or higher, order the second control board.

CLICK HERE for control board (serial 10 or 11)

CLICK HERE for control board (serial 12 or higher)

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc