Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a Kenmore freezer that is not freezing..the temp light

Customer Question
stays on and another thing...
have a Kenmore freezer that is not freezing..the temp light stays on and another thing I have noticed was it use to have a vacuum sound it would make when you shut the door.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

hello, was the evaporator coil frosted from top to bottom ? fan is running?thx randy

fan is running..inside coil is frosting from top to bottom
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

IS the unit built up with heavy frost?

Can't tell.it is enclosed and can't tell..but I have left it open for a couple of days..all wet around it.thought that it needs to thaw if that was the problem..

Have you completely defrosted it then? It was all melted?

still cold on the outside and inside but it is also cold in the garage where it is at, but there seems to be no new water around it..started it back up.. I know that when I use to close the door it would kind of suck the door closed,it does not do that.
also now the temperature alarm light went off..it has been blinking.

How cold is it in your garage?

at this time about 50

IS the lower vent on the rear panel full of ice? Look at the bottom of the unit is it iced up?

have taken the back off [in the inside]days ago..there was ice all in the floor of the freezer-drain cleaned that up at first..no ice up anywhere I look or can see.

Ok is air moving over the evaporator those slots and the evaporator have to be clear and the evaporator should be frosty looking not all frosted over?

the top is more frosted..but not frosted over..maybe should put back back on for air to travel like it is designed?

Yes did you not have the back on? If not it will barely cool at all? You have to have the panel on for it to cool right no matter what.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician