John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Frigidaire Tumble Action Washer about 11 years

Customer Question

Customer: We have a Frigidaire Tumble Action Washer about 11 years old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The spin cycle was making a lot of noise. now it won't spin at all.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my $16 back.

If the spin cycle noise you are referring to was a loud roaring sound during spin, this means the tub bearings went bad, when that happens it causes a lot of drag on the motor as the bearings get worse its causes more and more drag until eventually the computer senses this resistance from the motor and will not allow the washer to spin anymore. It's a very expensive job to replace the tub bearings as the entire washer has to be completely broken down and involves a lot of labor. What I would suggest at this point, and given the age of the washer, is to buy a new or a good used one, as that washer will not be worth the cost of reparing it/.

you did not even give me a chance to answer your question? whats the deal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your sight sent me round and around. I juist found out our BBB rating sucks. I want my $16 back!!!!!!!!!!!!!