Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have a whirlpool Duet washer that is flashing an F 02

Customer Question

Customer: we have a whirlpool Duet washer that is flashing an F 02 error message. But it also is locked and we cannot get it to unlock... The lock/unlock button seems to be stuck and unmoving...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: have unplugged and left for a while... No impact
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Hi whatever is fastest is great
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Ok
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine?

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

The f02 error is a drain pump error, meaning its either not draining or taking to long to drain, if there is water in the washer tub the door will not open.

Drain time should not take more than 2 minutes when draining correctly.

• Check that the drain hose is not blocked or kinked.

• Make sure drain hose has an air gap for ventilation and is not vapor locked.

• Make sure the drain hose height does not exceed 96" (2.4 m).

• Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects. See video to learn how - click here for video

• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor.

• Make sure that there are not excessive suds in the washer. If there are you are using too much detergent or the wrong detergent. You should only be using 1 tablespoon of HE detergent.

If none of the above solved your draining problem then you will have to test the drain pump.

Whirlpool Duet Drain Pump Test

1. Unplug or disconnect power from the washer.
  2. Remove the lower bottom cover of the washer.
  3. Unplug the connectors on the pump.
  4. Check the resistance across the the two pump terminals with an ohm/voltage meter. It should have roughly 16 ohms. If the reading is infinite / open replace the drain pump. If the pump checks out to be good, replace the control board.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.