John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I PURCHASED A KENMORE RANGE. AFTER THE FIRST TIME I SELF

Customer Question

I PURCHASED A KENMORE RANGE. AFTER THE FIRST TIME I SELF CLEANED THE OVEN THE BAKE CYCLE DOESNT HEAT. BROILER WORKS. SEARS IS ABSOLUTELY NO HELP AT ALL
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. I have read that there is some sort of "thermal" fuse or circuit breaker but I cannot locate it on my model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to tell me what part I need for this range?

Well since broil works it makes the problem a little easier to track down, because of the fact the broiler is working we know its not a wiring issue on your home and that you have proper voltage getting to the unit, also we can rule out the hi limit and safety thermostats on the unit, so either the bake relay on the control board is bad or the bake element itself is bad or there are some wiring issues on the oven itself. You will need to first start by visually inspecting the bake element, does it look ok, are there any burn marks or breaks on the element? if not then you will need to test continuity on the element with a ohm meter, if it checks out good you will have to put the oven on bake and see if the element is getting voltage if not then the board is bad not sending voltage to element.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first thing I did was replace the bake element. The stove was brand new. This happened after the very first cleaning cycle. As I stated, I have read that this is a widespread problem and there is some part I need to replace, but on my particular model, I cannot figure out which one it is

well you are talking about the safety thermostats, and the hi limit thermostat if those were bad the broiler would not work either.

so if you have replaced the element already then the only thing it can be is the control board itself, can you use a volt/ohm meter if so I will look up which pin you need to check for voltage on the board for bake to see if the board is sending the proper voltage out, which it's not if it were the bake would work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, I'll keep Googling until I find it. I am NOT satisfied with your help. Please do not process my card payment.

Im not understanding why you would say that, I am trying to tell you the problem you are having and you are refusing to listen, I have been working on these units for 20 years and know how they work inside and out, but since you know more than me have fun fixing it.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

I am a different tech would you still like some help?