Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

What would cause my whirlpool side by side refrigerator to

Customer Question
short cycle? I just vacuumed...
What would cause my whirlpool side by side refrigerator to short cycle? I just vacuumed and removed all dust and lint from could underneath!it seems to a control on the side of compressor!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

when you say short cycle do you mean the compressor actually starts running and quits before the unit is at temperature, or do you mean the compressor is not starting at all. There are a few things it could be either way. If the compressor is starting and runs for a while and shuts off, check that the condenser fan motor is running, the fan next to compressor, if the compressor is running that fan should be too if it's not then that would allow the compressor to get hot so the compressor will shut down. If the fan is running but the compressor is still shutting off too early. IF the compressor is running and it shuts off but both the condenser fan and evaporator fan are still running the your compressor is just bad. If the fans stop running when the compressor does then you have a bad thermostat. If the compressor is just not cranking and you here a clicking noise on the side of the compressor when it tries to crank then you probably just have a bad start relay. If the unit is just not starting at all and none of the fans are running then you have a bad adaptive defrost control board. let me know which is the case and I will find you the part and part numbers for the replacement part.

In the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this
issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson