Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Having troubles with the spin function.

Customer Question

Having troubles with the spin function.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble with the spin function of my Bravos. Spin doesn't work during normal cycle so have to use "drain & spin" function to get it to spin. That worked for 2 weeks, but now using "drain & spin" after a normal wash only works if it is set to Low speed.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Please reverify you model number, it does not come up on our computers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Bravos -- MVWX500XW0
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any problem with agitation on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know. Guess I could run another load to check.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Never mind about that, when you run it normal, does it drain and just not spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's correct.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Your main electronic control is failing, it cannot supply the power to run the machine on high, You will need to replace it, however it is very expensive, you can order the correct part by clicking on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part for your machine

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry about that...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I was wondering what you did about the problem with your machine? Did you decide to repair or replace it?

Please rate my service to you on this problem. This is the only way we are graded for our services to you..