John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have Whirlpool refrigerator and error message "cooling

Customer Question

Customer: I have Whirlpool refrigerator and error message "cooling off" appears. I dumped all the ice from it. How do I get rid of this message and get the Ice Maker going as it doesn't say anything in the owner's manual troubleshooting section how to resolve it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A red error message "cooling off" is on my refrigerator. How do I get rid of it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I am happy to help you. Do you have the model number? It sounds like it may just be turned off. Try this first. Press and hold the cooling off button for three seconds.

Do ou still need help?