Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an older model Thermador range, PRS E 486GDS. The

Customer Question
oven door locked last night...
I have an older model Thermador range, PRS E 486GDS. The oven door locked last night after taking out the turkey (thank goodness), made a lot of clicking noises and now the door is locked. We pulled the breaker to make it stop clicking and turning it back on causes it to start clicking again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the control board has problems or the door lock is broken. Is the clicking from the control area or more around the door? Are there any error codes on the display?

It's around the door. It's not a digital readout so no error codes.

The door latch motor is faulty. However, the part is no longer available unless you can find a used one, see the link below.

CLICK HERE

Oh boy. So if I can't get the part, then what? I have a service person coming out Monday.

Manually clean the ovens and replace the appliance when it fails to cook. Unless you were looking for a reason to buy a new oven now! ;-)

That's quite a Christmas gift! Thanks for your help!

You are welcome, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician