Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an older model Thermador range, PRS E 486GDS. The

Customer Question

I have an older model Thermador range, PRS E 486GDS. The oven door locked last night after taking out the turkey (thank goodness), made a lot of clicking noises and now the door is locked. We pulled the breaker to make it stop clicking and turning it back on causes it to start clicking again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the control board has problems or the door lock is broken. Is the clicking from the control area or more around the door? Are there any error codes on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's around the door. It's not a digital readout so no error codes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The door latch motor is faulty. However, the part is no longer available unless you can find a used one, see the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh boy. So if I can't get the part, then what? I have a service person coming out Monday.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Manually clean the ovens and replace the appliance when it fails to cook. Unless you were looking for a reason to buy a new oven now! ;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's quite a Christmas gift! Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, thank you!