Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model PLES389EC1 Electric Slide-in range. Oven will not

Customer Question

Model PLES389EC1 Electric Slide-in range. Oven will not heat. The warming drawer works and the cook top works. Elements checked out ok but will not come on. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there is a high limit thermostat on the back of the oven that looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE to see high limit thermostat

You'll need to pull the oven out and unplug it. Remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel and locate the high limit thermostat mounted to the back of the oven. Press the center button on this device and if it clicks then the heat will reset. if it doesn't click, your main display control board is not sending power to the bake or broil elements and the display board would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.