Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a gas range. Cooking breakfast this morning and gas

Customer Question

Have a gas range. Cooking breakfast this morning and gas flow seemed to diminish and then burner went out. Checked propane, turned flow of then back on. Not sure what could potentially be causing the issue.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The issue is either going to be the regulator on your stove where the gas line connects to the stove, or it has to do with the gas getting to your stove from your house. You'll need to turn the gas off at the propane tank, disconnect the gas line from the stove, and turn the gas on to confirm you're getting as all the way to the stove. If not then the valve on the propane tank or some other valve may have failed going to the stove. If you do have gas getting to the stove, the regulator valve on your stove itself would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.