Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have a Miele wall oven. We are using the master chef

Customer Question

We have a Miele wall oven. We are using the master chef program to cook our 25 lb stuffed turkey. It says the duration is approximately 3 hours, at 325. Based on recipe books we thought it would take something closer to 5-6 hours. Doe the Masterchef program use conviction bake? Can we really rely on it only taking 3 hours?
Thanks, ***** ***** Thanksgiving!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Well to be honest the answer here is simple but to answer it I kinda have to go around your initial question if that makes sense, when it comes to cooking turkey the truth is, because all ovens or any way you cook a turkey baking, roasting, grilling, smoking etc, all take different times depending on each unit being used to cook it in, the same unit may take a bit longer to cook the same turkey or vice versa it depends so they only they do is give you an estimated average based on the weight of the turkey... so having said that it would probably take your turkey in the range of 3-5 hours to cook

I would check the temperature of the turkey at about the 3 hour mark:

The best way to know when your turkey is done, is by its temperature. The USDA says a turkey is safe when "cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer. Check the internal temperature in the innermost part of the thigh and wing and the thickest part of the breast.

at that point you will know the turkey is done. Also a stuffed turkey takes longer than one that is not so that may be the difference in the times you are getting from the cook book and your master chef program.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope your turkey turns out fantastic.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.