Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have an OLD GE Profile drop in oven. Twice before during

Customer Question

We have an OLD GE Profile drop in oven. Twice before during CLEANING, a re-set breaker behind the controle panel had to be reset! Now after removing the three screws on the top edge if the contro; panel, I can't get the control panel to pull toward the front to let me get behind the panel to reset the switch! Are there fasteners holding it in place that I have forgotten? Please help me as it is the night before Thanlksgiving and we are having folks over tomorrow and I MUSt cook the turkey! I have opened the power breakers, but the oven is still locked CLOSeD!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do you have a piece of flexible plastic that you can get between the door and frame and slide to the left or right to catch the hook and release the door...you just need to push the hook to the left or right depending on the exact model.