Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Kitchenaid KUDS30IVBL3 reboot or board reset?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. There is a calibration cycle that will run after 250 was cycles. It will run about 4 hours for that cycle before returning to normal run times. Did it stop by itself or did you turn it off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off.

Okay, it does need to stop on it's own to complete calibration. Doing diagnostics also results in the next cycle being a calibration cycle so that won't help. There are few issues that result in a dishwasher cycle not advancing other than calibration. Let it run until it shuts off by itself and you will be back to normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do. I shut it off after 3 hours. I have a question about billing. This started as a free trial, then needed a $5 deposit, then my paypal got billed $28. Any idea how that was supposed to work?

Not sure about that. There should be a way for you to get to customer service if needed and if that doesn't work please let me know.