Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Washer was beeping an an F code was illuminated. unplugged

Customer Question

washer was beeping an an F code was illuminated. unplugged it was able to unlock it turned it back on -no code now but what was that about
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the error depends on what number came after the F. If no number showed, it means that the main control board inside the control panel detected an internal short in the board itself. Otherwise, you'd need the number. For now since resetting the power reset the issue, you'll want to run a cycle without any clothes inside and see if the error comes back. You could be good to go, but if the error comes back just let me know what error appears and I can tell you what needs to be done.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.