Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Frigidaire mini fridge bfph44m4lm not cooling. Light is on

Customer Question
frigidaire mini fridge bfph44m4lm not...
frigidaire mini fridge bfph44m4lm not cooling. Light is on but no cooling.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the compressor running?

It will click once in a while and the compressor heats up. Other than that you can't hear anything running.

Okay, so the relay on the compressor is likely faulty. There are no service parts for this model so you will need to install a generic relay kit. The one below is inexpensive and easy to install and comes with instructions. I am happy to help with installation, too!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Will I need to bypass or remove the existing relay that is mounted on the compressor? Are there installation instructions on the part?

Yes, the old relay will need to be removed.

Yes, the new part comes with instructions.

I would really like to find a part here locally so I could get this fixed today. Can you describe the relay rating, etc. so I can check if available here?

That one I linked you to is a very common part. Any appliance parts store should have it. The part number is RO41.

I have installed the relay. It seems to be running fine . How hot does the compressor get? It heated up right away to the point of it being too hot to touch. Is that normal? Also, looks like there was a start capacitor which I bypassed. Is that still needed with this new relay?

The capacitor is actually a run capacitor and is not needed with the new relay kit. It adds a minimal amount of efficiency but I would not bother with it. The compressor will get hot, especially right at the start. However, make sure you got the red and white wires correct. If you look at the pins on the compressor, if the single pin (common) is at the top, the red (run) goes to the pin below and to the right and the white (start) goes to the lower left.

Kelly, Appliance Technician