Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

$ how much?

Customer Question
$ how much for consultory?...
$ how much for consultory?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just paid $37 dollars :( hope you can help me. Mi refrigerator GE profile pfcs1njwass is not working at all. only the interior light. no fan, no compressor, no water dispenser, no front display etc. I already replace the main control board and the temperature board (in the front) and is not working. I hear a little buzz coming from the main board. I replace the breaker also without success.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is an issue with the main control, like a wiring issue or a shorted component. If you look closely at the wiring connector from the door with the control (under the hinge cap), is that connector secure and in good shape?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where exactly is that door connector located. Do I need to remove a cover? I dont see it.Like I state before I already change the main and temp control boards

The connector is under the hinge cap on the right door hinge (top of door). What part number board did you install?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok let me verify. The main control board I bought is: Wr55x10956. The temperature control board: WR55X10967

Thatt is the correct board, thank you. Let me know on that connector.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything that you can see from the photo?

BINGO! That connector is bad. Unplug the refrigerator and you may have to splice those wires together unless you want to replace the entire door if the connector cannot be cleaned up with a toothbrush. Nice work!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

All that corrosion around the wires means poor or no connectivity.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Please keep this open until I connect the cables together. Thanks!

It never closes so that you cannot post back to it. Try cleaning the connector first before cutting...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cut the connectors and put everything together without it and I still have the problem.

How far up the protective sleeve does that white "gunk" go? You may have a wiring issue farther up in that sleeve. The connector definitely showed signs of trouble, though.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I go farther? What would be required to remove?

That looks good. So, we need to determine if we are getting any voltage to the front board. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is going to be DC or AC?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Something that I notice is that the freezer light is not On like the fridge light. Maybe is the bulb but it may be a sign of no power through that part of the refrigerator.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will wait for your answer. Thanks

Sorry, I lost my internet last night. On the main control board, there is a terminal labeled J4. Measure between pin 2 with the red lead from your meter to pin 3 with the black lead. looking for 12 volts DC. If you have that voltage, that means the main board is energizing the front display board, so there would have to be a wiring issue. Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will be back in an hour.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't get 12VDC. It moves from 0 to 6 to 13 and back to 0. I remove the cable connected and measure directly to the pins.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It might be possible that I bought a faulty main board? The one that is connected is new. I will replace ir with the old one and let you know.

Okay, keep me posted!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same behavior. Buzz sound from the board and voltage not strady at 12 VDC. Is there is a transformer that change from 120Vac to 12vdc or is integrated with the main board?

It is part of the board. It sounds like something may be damaging the board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
correct me if I am wrong. This refrigerator operates everything at 12VDC except the light? Thatis why it is the only thing working? Do you have any electric diagram for the refrigerator?

Only the electronics are 12 VDC, and the fans. I can send you the complete service manual but can only do so in a secure screen. I will send the option.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fan not running is other issue than the display? The 12Vdc came from a different connection on the board

The board has to have the input from the display to run the refrigerator. There is an issue somewhere in between the door control and the main control.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another control board installed and no succeed. I am out of ideas. What else do you think it can be.
Remember that I verified on J4 and the 12 vdc was not going out. Just an erratic voltage.

There has to be something causing the board to drop that output voltage. Something is shorted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me what can be the cause? Do you have any idea?

Not exactly, no. Some component or a wire shorted in the cabinet. It will require you test every component and wiring circuit to trace the short.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let the refrig on for 4 hours and the control board burn the resistor R43.After the resistor was burnt, the temp control board starts to work. And I heard the compresor or a fan running. What is related to that resistor? And what I can do to troubleshoot it?
Thanks

I do not have access to a board diagram to know what circuit that resistor is in. Often times, the evaporator fan is cause for burnt resistor but I am not sure which one. Was the fan running prior to the resistor burning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't tell.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All I know is that when the resistor burnt the tempcontrol starts working.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Can you upload a picture of the bad resistor on the board?

Yes that is a bad Evaporator Fan resistor, you need to change the EVAPORATOR FAN and that board and all will work fine again. Very common issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. So the board not working was due to an evaporator fan? The other two boards I have dont have the resistor burnt.

Yes those resistors run the evaporator fan motor, you need to replace that fan motor and that board and it will all work fine again.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician