Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

GE Refrigerator #gss25wgta cc - Water Dispenser The ice

Customer Question

GE Refrigerator #gss25wgta cc - Water DispenserThe ice dispenser is working, however, the water dispenser stopped working. We've replaced the water filter and still not working. The motor seems to be engaging, in other words, you can hear it trying to dispense water but nothing comes out. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, usually this indicates a frozen line in the door. They have a kit out to fix this issue. Take the kick plate off the bottom. Remove the quick water fitting on the left. Try to get water out of the door. Does water come out of the line? You will need to close the door for it to work.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you remove the quick water fitting? Do we have to buy the kit?

Watch the video below it shows how to remove the fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Avzf-jsHyM

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok... the fitting is off and water comes out of the line but not out of the water dispenser. What now?

Yes, you need the part in the link below. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. http://www.amazon.com/GE-WR49X10173-Dispenser-Heater-Refrigerator/dp/B004H3XWCO

Thank you