Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I own an Amana AKT3040E cooktop and need to replace the dual

Customer Question

I own an Amana AKT3040E cooktop and need to replace the dual burner switch with a Whirlpool 12002125 dual switch. Can you assist with the wire color pin out assignment for this switch?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Did you remove the wires already from the old one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached picture

OK and on the new one just match up the labels with each wire, they should all match up label for label.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's just it they don't match up label for label.

Ok which ones are giving you issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all are. I'm going to send you pictures on the old switch (with and without wires) and the new switch wiring diagram. I need to know which color wires to terminate to the correct number on the new switch...Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Next picture file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New switch wiring diagram