Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ten yr old Amana bottom freezer 30" refrigerator

Customer Question
that has stopped working, but...
I have a ten yr old Amana bottom freezer 30" refrigerator that has stopped working, but the bottom freezer is working okay.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2015
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have looked all over and can't find a model number.

Look on the ceiling of the fridge section, Amana liked to put them there sometimes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have looked everywhere. Even my manual has no model number.

Okay, this can be hard, open the freezer, on the back wall of the freezer, is it covered in frost or ice? ALso can you hear the fan running inside the freezer compartment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The back of the freezer is covered in frost.

Is the fan running inside the freezer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it seems to be.

Okay, does your unit have electronic controls in the refridgerator for the freezer temps, or do you have to control the freezer temp from the freezer itself?

John, Home Appliance Technician