Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I'm at an elderly friend's home. She noticed water dripping

Customer Question

I'm at an elderly friend's home. She noticed water dripping from the mainfloor when she was in the basement. I tracked it back to her dishwasher that didn't drain out. I don't dare start a new cycle in her washer, so I'm trying to figure out how to clean the filter, abnormal I can't find anyone who knows how. It's a maytag model DWU5902AAE.
Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Yes let me check the model

To clean the filter you need to unscrew the center piece on the top washer are. It is a large flat round plastic washer. Once that is off lift the wash arm off, then remove the 8 screws around the round upper bell hub and the filter is right below that once off, it is a large round filter to get out and clean. PART #6 is the filter CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks