Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

How to remove samsung display/dispenser model rfg297aars

Customer Question

how to remove samsung display/dispenser model rfg297aars
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

See if this helps. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not hjelp. The link just sent me to Sears webpge support for another appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please! I have not received an answer.

If you scroll down it shows how to remove the dispenser for your model!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I scroll down there is no information regarding my question. Please could you respond to the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer yet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my question and refund my credit card charges. Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Instructions attached (full color pictures!).

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, The pics you sent were of no help. My Fridge is a Samsung RFG297AARS model. Underneath the display there is a screw which I took out and I thought that this should release the display. It did not. There is also a small slot about 3/8" long under the display. I saw in some other blogs that a small screw driver should be inserted to release the tabs which hold the dispenser in place. I turned off the power and tried to locate a tab with a small screwdriver but could not contact anything inside with the screwdriver. Pulling on the IceType/Water control had no effect at all even if I pulled very hard. Is there a special tool that I need to release the tabs? If not please try to find out how to remove the display. I need to remove the display to replace the dispenser unit.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Those pages are directly from the service manual for your exact model. Did you follow the directions in those pages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the instruction from your pics. They say nothing about the screw or the slot. I do not have the service manual. This is why I am using JustAnswer.com. Could you send me the instructions from the service manual.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Those are from the service manual. I can send you the service manual but can only do so in a secure screen. I will send the option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, I am asking you to respond to my question. Please research in the user manual for a solution to my problem. I have given you plenty of information about what I have tried. I do not want to risk spending more money in case the manual does not solve my problem. Please do not attempt to sell me more services or manuals. "Just answer" the question that I am paying you to answer. If you cannot give me a useful answer I must cancel my order.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you cannot follow the instructions you have been given, I suspect you will need to call for service. Good luck.

Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

You don't remove any screw and put any screwdriver inside a slot. That doesn't even make any sense.

Put your hand on the dispenser grasp it "Firmly" and pull as hard as you can straight out on it. If you can't do that, hire a technician and watch him do it. That's how you "how to remove samsung display/dispenser model rfg297aars"

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but none of your answers have been sufficient for me to be able to remove the display. Your last reply is not correct. All the blogs I have seen on this topic point to the fact that there are tabs which need to be released before the unit can be pulled out. As I said before, there is a screw which needs to be removed and a slot under the display which allows a tool to be inserted to remove the tab. These are also mentioned in most of the blogs I have read. Your answer: "You don't remove any screw and put any screwdriver inside a slot. That doesn't even make any sense" shows that you do not have any expertise on this particular unit. Unless you can obtain the correct info for me I will be obliged to cancel the transaction and give you an appropriate review. It is a simple case of your reading the service manual and supplying me with the verbatim instructions. I will give you one more opportunity.

It doesn't matter what a blog says. You're paying for expert advice here @ JA. You're paying a technician that actually physically removes these dispenser and gets paid a living wage to do so. I go to peoples houses and actually make this repair.

I know the little screw on the bottom you're talking about. You don't remove it or have to remove it. I don't care what any one says. Grab the dispenser and pull it like a champ.

Those 4 tabs you and everyone else are talking about? Ya their on the back side of the dispenser and guess what no flat head flat blade or anything else is going to be able to "Insert" to release the tabs. That's hilarious to think and say out loud. Once you get the panel off you'll see why.

You want to fix this yourself? Put your hand on the dispenser where the ice comes out and pull like a champion. It'll pop off. They always do.

I work here on the honor system. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refer to the Sears site below. An official answer from a Sears expert does mention the use of a screwdriver. Pictures clearly show a tab and the description text refers to rfg297aars. The sears equivalent model number is ***** #11623313302.I have tried pulling pulled on the display and the dispenser with an extreme force at the limit of breaking the parts. If I pull any harder I will surely break something. I bought the fridge four years ago and it has not been worked on before. Again, I am asking you to send me the verbatim text from the service manual which describes how to remove the parts.http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Vacuum-Parts/Repair-Maintenance/Questions-Answers/how-to-remove-display-panel--RFG297AARSX/Model-11623313302/0582/ssoForgotPasswordResetComplete.pd/374653?modelNumber=RFG297AARS/XAAIf you do not know how to go to the site. Highlight the link above, copy and paste into your browser.