Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a dacor oven ECD230 the bottom element and the

Customer Question
convection element will not go...
I have a dacor oven ECD230 the bottom element and the convection element will not go on in the top oven. We replaced the bottom element and still wont go on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, that means the thermal switch is bad or the control is bad. Test the thermal switch for continuity. The red button on top is hard to press in. You have to push it straight down until it clicks. 99% of the time that's the issue. If the thermal switch has continuity, the board is bad.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you.

Thank you

wE just pushed it in again and it seems in without bending the bracket, does it make sense to swap the top with the bottom to test it?

You could do that. You don't have an ohm meter? You could test each side of the thermostat for continuity. That would take seconds to do. You have to push hard on the red button and straight down.

Thank you

I put the ohm meter on it and it beeps with the wires disconnected to each side of the Fuse. Now what?

Does the bottom one test the same?

I guess in my mind since both are the same and bottom works the switch is good allowing a complete circuit now what?

The relay board has a loose connection or the relay is shorted on it. You will need to replace the relay board.

Thank you

Ok Now here is the question There is a relay board (U) and a relay board (L) which one do I order?

Upper or Lower. Your case is upper correct?

Thank you

I thought you would say that because the price is different when I priced it out. The top is 294 and bottom is 85. but your suggesting the upper one.

That's correct. Double check the connections on it first.

Thank you

By any chance we noticed the lights dont work in the oven there are two, would the same board control that too?

No.

Would you know can we replace the board from the front in the double oven? wall unit

?

We will order a Relay(U) and try it. THanks for your help we will follow up with you once we get in a few days

Thank you

Can you recommend a particular online store to buy parts from?

You bet. Below is a link.

Dacor Oven Parts

Thank you

Thank you

Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic