Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Maytag Ensignia dryer was making a horrible noise while

Customer Question
running so we took off...
My Maytag Ensignia dryer was making a horrible noise while running so we took off the front panel to see if something were interferring with the movement of the drum but to no avail....however we did notice that sparks were coming from the black wire which leads to what we are guessing is the housing for the heating element...any ideas on how we can fix these problems?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2015
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Can I get the complete model number of the dryer please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MDE6657BYW

Does the black wire looked burnt to you at all

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does

That wold not be the cause of the noise I believe, that is most likely from a loose connection, but the noise that it was making, can you explain it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just a horrible rattling noise which was causing the entire machine to vibrate, the belt isnt broken and we couldnt find anything lodged anywhere....that happened once with some headphones....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
more of a rumbling than a rattling

Where the blower is located, may have something inside it hitting the blades, have you removed the cover from the blower housing to see if the blower wheel is broken?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

I would open this open and explore that and see what is there. Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are going to disassemble everything today and will get back to you

That will work, take pictures to make sure you can put it back together properly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do

A service manual for this type of dryer would help also

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we got it used from a friend but will try to find one online

hear from you soon.

John, Home Appliance Technician