Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool gold series (6.2) induction

Customer Question
range/convection oven. The...
We have a whirlpool gold series (6.2) induction range/convection oven. The power is on, the oven controls are operational but there is no sign of life at all on the induction cook top. Only a constant beeping. The troubleshooting portion of the users manual is cursory at best and does not address the symptoms we are seeing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/19/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave. I will give a few instructions and then please let me know what happens when you try this. Press the power button, Touch the large square for the burner you will use, Select the heat setting. Also what type of pans are you using? Cast iron, stainless steel etc. Does a magnet stick to the bottom? Did the cooktop ever work? Sorry for all the questions but I need to know how to help you. Thanks.

we have had the oven for almost two years and have the proper cookware. Since I submitted the request, the oven stopped beeping and all functions now appear normal. We are remodeling our kitchen and the oven was unplugged for about 2 1/2 weeks so it seems that some of the internal memory of the oven had to reset and it just took a few minutes. It seems that this is the kind of experience that many others would also see and report and that it would be one of the simple issues identified in the user's manual.

What happened is not normal or common. Hopefully it will continue to work properly for you.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave