Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid KUIC15PRTS0 under counter icemaker

Customer Question
purchased and installed in 2007...
I have a Kitchenaid KUIC15PRTS0 under counter icemaker purchased and installed in 2007. The unit stopped making ice about a month ago. We had the circuit board and recirculating pump replaced, but the unit still does not make ice. The water tray fills up, but does not move the water to the area that makes ice. ???? In running the diagnostics all works correctly until go get to the water filler (45 oz). The light on the touchpad should stay on solid once the water tray is full, but it just keeps blinking.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/18/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave. This may be the water touch sensor. It is the white T shaped part that hangs in the water. It has a 3 wire connector. Can you get to the connector above the resorvoir and unplug it? When it is disconnected the icemaker will default to operate agin on a timed basis. Let me know what happens.

Before we proceed, this part was installed in the new pump unit so it is new. If you think it could be defective I will check it. Let me know.

They don't come with the pump but hang in the water beside the pump but you say it was replaced?

Can I send you a picture that shows the water level sensor?

Yes, you can attach the picture.

The white piece attached to the pump unit is what I understand senses the water level. I watched a video that showed a water level sensor that you lifted out of the water tray, but our icemaker does not have that piece. I took the picture, but do to our poor reception it has not arrived in my dropbox. I will send it as soon as it is available.
The picture is still not in my dropbox. Sorry for the delay

I can try to provide a link if it works. Try this link to see if this is what you replaced.

Water sensor link

this piece looks like the sensor in the picture I took.

If you replaced that and the control and pump there is not much left. Do you have a drain pump behind or under the icemaker or does it drain to the floor?

The icemaker drains into our sewer system. The water trough fills almost to the top so it appears that the sensor is working to shutoff the water at the correct level, but water is not pumped up the ice making area. When I ran the diagnostic program all was OK until after the water trough filled and the blinking light kept blinking and should have turned to a solid light. Any else to try?

I'm at the end of my rope on this one so I will opt out for another expert. Wait until they pick up the tril for you.

I have to leave now. Maybe someone can help tomorrow, but I will not be at the icemaker location again for about 2 weeks. Thanks for trying.
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When you have the unit in a automatic cycle or a manual cycle and the recirculating pump is not running have you tested the pump circuit for voltage out of the control board?

It will either be a control board , pump or wire harness issue.

The control board was replaced ,the recirculating pump was replaced but you need to verify if the voltage is come out of the control board.

Do you still need assistance with your question?

I would like to continue to work with your tech through 12/1/15 to see if he can resolve our issue. If not, then I would appreciate a refund. As I indicated earlier, I am not at the location of the icemaker at this time. If I need to take some voltage readings I will need further information.

Ok no problem!

I mainly just checked in to be able to keep the question active.

Later on will be fine ,I will check back in next week to also allow the question to remain open for us later.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The answers JustAnswer provided did not resolve the issue with our icemaker. Please refund the $37 cost and stop any further billing. Thank you, David
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago

You never got back to me with voltage reading you were not given a answer YET!

Is the unit fixed? or do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have the equipment to test voltage. The icemaker has not been repaired, but I will contact a repair shop that can some to our location and repair it. Thank you, David

Ok no problem ,good luck!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech