RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

Why does my LG Wave Force washing machine tie knots in pants

Customer Question

why does my LG Wave Force washing machine tie knots in pants legs and shirt sleeves?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ties knots in most things like kitchen towels and always shirt sleeves and pants legs. I hope I get an answer for this simple question in a minute. I think paying $35. for an answer dictates a quick reply
Expert:  RJ replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is Robert....

I happen to have a LG Wave Force as well and had the same issue. There was a recall for the unit vibrating to much, after the recall was done on my unit is seemed to handle better and running it at a lower cycle also seems to help. I am not sure if this is going to apply to yours as there are different models of the wave force but below are the details on this... I might contact LG directly and see if they have more input on this, it is a known issue with these models.......

Recall Details

Units

About 457,000

Description

The recall involves three LG and three Kenmore Elite Brand top-loading washing machine models manufactured between February 2010 and November 2011. The units come in beige, white and graphite steel colors. Recalled washing machines have the following model and serial number ranges:

Serial number range 002KW******* through 111KW*******

Model numbers:

WT5101HV

WT5101HW

WT5001CW

The model and serial number can be found on a label fixed on the rating plate on the top back of the washing machine.

Incidents/Injuries

LG has received at least 343 reports of washing machines vibrating excessively, of which at least 187 involved minor property damage. One minor injury has been reported.

Remedy

Consumers should immediately contact LG or Sears for a free in-home repair of the machine. Consumers will also receive supplemental information to be inserted into their owner’s manual and a new caution label to be placed on the washing machine. Consumers who have observed their recalled washing machine shaking excessively should immediately stop using it. Consumers should be aware that loading their machines with water-proof or water-resistant items, such as mattress pads, mattress covers and similar items, increases the chances of loads being unbalanced.

Sorry no other experts responded in a timely matter.... Robert