Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have KBRC36FK501 model, Ser #QM2902045. Anything I put in

Customer Question

I have KBRC36FK501 model, Ser #QM2902045. Anything I put in the meat drawer freezes solid. What should the controls be set at.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok your model number is ***** KBRC36FKS01 1

The meat drawer / deli locker is set to maintain a temperature of 28°- 32°.

The Deli Locker temperature control allows you to adjust the storage temperature of the Deli Locker.

Cold air flows into the Deli Locker through an air duct between the freezer and the refrigerator.

Setting the control allows more or less cold air through the air duct.

Set the control to “COLD” to close the air duct.

IMPORTANT: If a food item freezes in the Deli Locker, utility drawer, or crisper, turn the Deli Locker temperature control to “COLD.

What do you have the setting on right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a half moon dial on the deli drawer with "colder" on the left and "cold" on the right. I have it set as far as it will go, which not very far, to the right

ok if you have it set to the cold setting that is the warmest you're going to be able to get the meat /Deli drawer.

Again it maintains temps of 28-32 which freezing and below!!

YOu can not put vegetables in the Deli drawer it is for meats only!

all the rotating dial does is open and close a small hole that brings in air from the freezer. if you`re using the deli drawer as a crisper ,then you will need to take a paper towel and plug that air hole to stop the below freezing air from coming in from the freezer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only use it for meat . It didn't used to freeze the meat just keep it cold but now it freezes it solid

well it is designed to be 28-32 which is freezing and below I do not see how it was not freezing before .unless you have something in the freezer that is blocking an air vent , thus forcing air into the deli /meat drawer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the vent in the freezer?

behind the rear interior freezer panel and it is on the right side wall of the freezer wall.