Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung RFG298HDWP Refrigerator will not dispense water or

Customer Question

Samsung RFG298HDWP Refrigerator will not dispense water or Ice
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both Ice Makers are working so having water should not be a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Since no water or ice is working at the dispenser, the most likely to be the cause is trouble at the connection where the door is connected with the main wiring harness, at the door hinge. Can you inspect that connection to see if it is secure and not corroded or broken, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is at the main control board ? If I have a bad connection would I still have Ice type light on , water light on and dispenser light on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, connection at the door hinge, right where the door harness plugs into the main wiring harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no exposed connector at the door hinge on this Samsung.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It may require removing a hinge cover or other cosmetic cover, but it is there. That is the only way it will connect to the main harness, at the hinge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no exposed connection at the door hinge of the door that contains the water and Ice Dispenser.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you call for an in home repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a large hinge area cover and removed it. There is one large connector with a blue rubber cover containing multiple wires and a small connector containing two small wires. Both connectors look to be secure and no signs of corrosion or other problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another 24 hour day huh? It has been 4 days and no results.