Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a top freezer on my fefrigertor and I have water

Customer Question

I have a top freezer on my fefrigertor and I have water gathering in the bottom of my refrigerator. It gathers on the top shelf and my left crisper drawer in fairly large amounts. Why is this happening ang what can I do to stop it. My fridge is about 10 years old. Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

if it is a top freezer, then the drain will be plugged up in the freezer section ,there is a drain in behind the rear panel in the freezer,if that gets pugged up the water will overflow into the fridge section ,only way to fix that is to remove the freezer panel ,clear the ice , pour some hot water into the drain trough ,push something soft and flexible into the drain hole and clear it ,then pour water into the trough and ensure it drains..usully a soft wire will do the trick .but that is why the water ends up in the fridge