Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Tyler looking to fix an lf error on my whirlpool

Customer Question

hi tyler looking for ways to fix an lf error on my whirlpool
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the LF indicates a long fill. Remove the hoses from the back of the washer and inspect the screens for sediment. If the screens are clear, the water valve will need to be replaced because the solenoid is not opening up.

If you're handy, you can make this repair. The water valve is roughly $65 at any local appliance parts house or sears parts.

We work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. We're not credited for our work until you rate our answer positively. Once you do so the question does not close. You can log back into your account and continue to work on this question at no additional charge. Rating our answers positively will credit me for my time working with you. Thank you