Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My whirlpool cabrio dryer just stop working. Checks the fuse

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio dryer just stop working. Checks the fuse box and everything is on. Unplugged and plugged back the power cord of the dryer. Turned on the switch everything shows as working but went to start the dryer the sensing light comes on and nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

The most common issue is a bad thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is located behind the rear panel. The thermal fuse is part number(###) ###-#### ***** model has a belt switch also. If the belt is broken, it also will not start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the back panel off but cannot find where the thermal fuse is or the belt.

The thermal fuse is a white rectangular fuse with 2 wires coming out of it. It should be located towards the bottom by the blower housing. To access the belt, the front panel needs to be removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, your not helping much
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. It is probably is the thermal fuse in the back. Unplug the dryer and take off the large rear panel. There is a white plastic part on the blower duct that has two blue wires attached. To test this part, remove the wires and put them securely together and tape then to insulate them. Try the dryer and if this works you will need the thermal fuse. Test the dryer to make sure it does not get too hot and that the venting system in the house is not blocked. This is for testing only and the fuse needs to be replaced before drying laundry. Watch the video in the link below for more information and let me know what you find. Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUQQJAxkZ0g

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can you do that test if the wires have a white cover on the ends

You can use a paper clip to make a jumper between the two wires.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Figured it out on my own already. You all are too slow to answer questions.

Sounds like it was the fuse. Glad to help.