Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I inadvertently turn on the stove top as I was cleaning it.

Customer Question

I inadvertently turn on the stove top as I was cleaning it. And it seems like it is not cooling down.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question

If you have turned the switch to off and the burner is still heating then you have a bad infinite switch (the control switch for the burner) and it will need to be replaced. If you would give me the model number of the stove I will be glad to get you a part number and a place to order the part.

****NOtice****

****You would be suprised at the people that get help and do not bother*******

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any way cost you anymore than you have already paid.

We techs only get a SMALL PORTION of whatever you have chosen to pay after a good star

rating is chosen. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will

also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions. TIPS are not

expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.